Having back acne scars is a problem that everybody don’t show off and usually ignores this. Your Acne has always been a problem that both men and women struggle with, especially those who are in their teenage years and those who have sensitive skin.
Most people get acne on their face which is easily treatable since they are visible and readily accessible. However, there are some who get acne on their backs, and most of the time, back acne scars develop as a result.
In spite of being covered by garments, the Pimples on back are very uncomfortable, they cause acne scars. The back pimples make it difficult to wear a dress with the open back. These pimples on the back are also known as “bacne”. This skin condition damages your skin.
The Keloid or Hypertrophic scars make more atrophic scars and tissues that result in a back with a little new tissue. The hypertrophic pimples seem like thickly raised fixes on skin, whereas the atrophic scars resemble depression on your skin. Learn how to get rid of back acne scars in these simple steps:
- What causes back acne scars?
- How do you avoid pimples on back?
- How to cure back acne?
- Useful tips to prevent pimples on back.
What Causes Back Acne Scars?
Back acne or commonly termed “bacne” appears in the same manner that regular facial acne appears. When you sweat a lot, it means that your sebaceous glands or oil glands are hyperactive and sebum or dead skin can clog the pores.
When this happens, bacteria flock to the clogged pores or follicles and infect it to become acne. Since acnes can be quite irritating, if you suddenly scratch the area and break the skin, you end up with back acne scars.
How do you avoid pimples on back?
If you are one of those people that are not prone to getting acne on their backs, then it is good for you. However, it is still better to take preventive measures to make sure that you don’t end up with back acne scars in the future. Here is some preventive measure that you can do:
Bring extra clothes
When you sweat a lot, it is better to bring extra clothes with you. Dried sweat on your back can attract many microbes that can cause pimples and acne. To avoid this, you have to change your clothes, especially right after a game or some strenuous activity. Make sure that you clean up first before changing.
Wash your clothes and linens regularly
If you are prone to sweating excessively, then the more that you must wash your clothes and linens. If you sweat on your sleep, don’t just let your bed sheets dry and continue using after.
Although your sheets may still appear clean, there can possibly be already microbes crawling all over the place. If you continue using these sheets, it may cause back acne, and eventually back acne scars.
Avoid too much exposure to the sun
Exposing yourself to the sun is healthy for your skin, but too much exposure can cause your skin to get dehydrated and dry out. If your skin is dry, it may become flaky and dead. These dried skins can clog your pores and cause pimples. If these pimples get infected further, they may cause some back acne scars to form.
How to cure back acne scars?
Acne can be such a drag once it settles at the back, especially when they leave back acne scars. However, you don’t have to worry. There are a lot of methods that can help you with your problem. Here are a few that you can do:
Soak in a Sea Salt Bath
One method that you can use to remove acne on your back is by using sea salt. Regular table salt can aggravate acne, but sea salt is found to do the exact opposite. Sea salt can prevent microbes and bacteria from building up and infecting your pores.
Sea salt is also found to be an effective method of keeping your skin dry. When you do this right, you can prevent back acne scars from appearing by preventing the development of acne itself.
How to do it:
- For this, add two to three cups of sea salt in a tub with lukewarm water.
- Once you have prepared your bath, you can soak in your tub with the mixture for at least 20 minutes.
- You can do this regularly depending on the severity of your acne or back acne scars.
- Soaking on this once daily is good but if the breakout is severe, twice or thrice a day is best.
Soak in Oats
Mixing oats into your bath will also help relieve the back acne by slowly shedding and cleansing your skin from dried flakes, sebum, and dirt that can cause a breakout.
How to do it:
- To do this, you need to get at least three tablespoons of ground plain oats.
- You can choose to put the oats in a muslin cloth or sock, or not.
- Before you take your shower, you can sprinkle the oats into the tub.
- Make sure that the particles are indeed fine so that they float.
- If they are coarse, they may sink. Soak in the mixture for up to 30 minutes.
- If you decide to put the oats in the sock or muslin cloth, you can just simply soak in the tub while squeezing the sock to release the juice from the wet oats.
- If you do this, it will help you out to relieve the back acne scars.
Oats and Honey Back Mask
If mixing anything in your bath isn’t your fancy, you can create a mask concoction for your back. For the mask, you can use plain oats and honey.
How to do it:
- Before you mix everything, you must cook the oats first.
- One the oats are cooked but still warm, Add in the honey.
- Make sure to mix everything well and wait till the mixture is cool enough to place on your back.
- If you notice that the mixture becomes a bit dry, you can add more honey.
- Once the mask is ready, slave if all over the back acne scars, if you cannot reach all the areas intended, ask assistance but make sure that you or your assistant applies the mask with clean hands.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing everything with warm water.
Apple Cider as Toner
If a mask is such a hassle to you, you can try apple cider. You can use the apple cider as a toner for your back.
How to do it:
- Simply mix one part apple cider with two parts water, if you can use distilled water, make sure to use that instead of tap water.
- You can opt to spray the toner, or you can go with the good old cotton swab method.
- Make sure to do this daily, whether at night or during the day.
- If you choose at night, you can leave it overnight but if you put it at day time, make sure to wash it off after 10 to 20 minutes.
Useful tips to prevent pimples on back
Other than the recently explained methods to treat pimples on back, there are some other amazing tips that will help you to get rid of back pimples efficiently. Here we go with these tips: Do not pop the pimples on back with your hand, doing so can lead you to complex skin infection.
It is recommended to drink a lot of water and other healthy liquids. If you wear the tight clothes, then it will surely irritate your affected area of skin, so you should consider wearing loose and clean clothes. If you are one with sensitive skin, then you must change the clothing products.
Also, one of the most important tips to treat pimples on back, do not utilize chemical products to treat these kinds of skin conditions. The natural methods explained in the article are enough to treat these back pimples.
Another tip to cure back acne is to follow a healthy diet plan, eat plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet. Bear in mind to eat a solid eating routine, full with leafy foods. Likewise, get a lot of rest. With these additional tips and with the use of natural remedies, you will adjust the skin oil and reduce pimples on back.
These are only some of the most effective ways that you can try to remove your acne problem. Do not try these remedies at the same time because they may cause side effects.
For the best method, you can do a skin test by trying out these remedies one at a time on a patch of skin on your arm. Test first if any skin allergy will occur. Avoid the method that irritates your skin.
Finally, you are clear about what causes back acne, how to avoid it and in case you are already affected by this skin condition how to treat it! So, now if you use any one of the above-explained remedies to cure pimples on back, it will help you to cure pimples on your shoulders and back.
If you implement the method and follow other give tips then you will get your skin totally cleared up from these pimples. If you understand the above methods along with these tips then you should not have this question: how to get rid of back acne scars anymore.
If you find these methods useful, consider implementing them to treat your back acne problem and share your experience with us how these remedies helped you to get rid of pimples on back. Also, share this article about how to get rid of back acne scars with your friends because SHARING IS CARING!